Smoking is addictive. Only smokers know how tough is the battle to overcome the urge to smoke. But as soon as you are on the way to glorious road of NO-Smoking…..you get to feel this right away…after
Blood pressure drops to normal.
Pulse rate drops to normal.
Body temperature of hands and feet increases to normal.
- Carbon monoxide level in blood drops to normal. Oxygen level in blood increases to normal.
- Chance of heart attack decreases.
- Nerve endings start regrowing. Ability to smell and taste is enhanced.
2 WEEKS TO 3 MONTHS
- Circulation improves. Walking becomes easier.
Lung function increases up to 30%.
1 TO 9 MONTHS
- Coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue, and shortness of breath decrease. Cilia regrow in lungs, increasing ability to handle mucus, clean the lungs, and reduce infection.
Body’s overall energy increases.
- Excess risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a smoker.
- Lung cancer death rate for average smoker (one pack a day) decreases by almost half. Stroke risk is reduced to that of a nonsmoker 5-15 years after quitting.
Risk of cancer of the mouth, throat and esophagus is half that of a smoker’s.
- Lung cancer death rate similar to that of nonsmokers. Precancerous cells are replaced.
Risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney and pancreas decreases.
- Risk of coronary heart disease is that of a nonsmoker.
- You live a healthy and sexualy active life….Hurraah